Wednesday, June 1, 2011

tornado warning

At the beginning of May, my roommate and I decided that we
had had enough of the St. Paul area, packed it up and moved across town
to St. Louis Park. 

Now, don't get me wrong, the Grand Ave area is awesome, especially in the summer!
However, our neighbors were a bit difficult and we spend most of our 
time in Uptown, so we figured it was a good choice for us.
Plus, we're not even a mile away from Lake Calhoun, how much better can it get?

On the negative side, for whatever reason, 
severe weather LOVES to hit St. Louis Park!

Since moving in, we've been under TWO tornado warnings.
(In my opinion the storms were quite a bust...
did I mention I have a life goal of seeing a real tornado?)

Anyways, on the first storm we had golf ball size hail! 
I was able to snap some pretty good pictures,
but believe me when I say, I was dodging bullets to get these shots!






The cloud formations were just absolutely breathtaking, 
I couldn't resist running outside despite the sirens going off... 

Although I can't tell you what those cloud formations are, 
or what they mean, what I can tell you is they were so cool!
Obviously  I do some photo editing (which I'll get to in a later post)
but I didn't have to tweak the colors at all on these shots.
The colors this storm produced were eerie and yet stunning!

So, rain or shine or sirens, I'll be takin' my pics!
Do I get kudos points in the photography world for that?
Almost caught up on the events of the last month... bare with me 

Cheers,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment